Friday 8 December 2006

The love of God knows no bounds!

Ever since I realised that God had already punished my sins on the body of Jesus Christ 2000 years ago, I wake up everyday with the renewed hope, courage and faith to draw closer to Him.

Had I continued with the false belief that He was still angry with me (for my seemingly never-ending list of sins, blunders, shortcomings), I honestly won't even have the guts to step into a church again, let alone pray to Him.

His Grace is definitely sufficient for me! Hahaha...

I'm not being irreverent by laughing. Just that I remembered when I was still a cocky teenager and when we sang the song "Jehovah Jireh, my provider" back in my former youth meetings, I actually looked down on God's grace for me!

Before you crucify me, let me explain: At that time, I felt that word was rather 'soft'. In fact, it was such a 'ku-niang' word (Hokkien : feminine) that even girls would use that word for a name! So how could an alpha male like me possibly need grace? Give me 'power' and 'authority' anytime.

Sadly, it had always been like that for me; always about what I can do for God, always what I can sacrifice for God; always focused on my works rather than His perfect and finished work at the Cross for my life! My hands cannot even save me from anything and yet all I ever did was to try and "Love the Lord your God with all your might and heart and mind and soul".

Had I known that only Jesus can fulfil this command to perfection, I'd have rested easy and just let Him do all the loving as He continually resides in me.

There are simply too many inaccurate interpretations of bible verses throughout my Christian life which had robbed me of the blessings that God had purposed in my life. I hope that through my sharings in the coming entries, that perhaps, you too will be blessed.

Shalom one and all.

Greatly Blessed, Highly Favoured, Deeply Loved

No comments: